Wednesday, December 21, 2005





















my flatmate and me in munich



Now that this year's end is approaching i guess it's time for a look back :-)

During my internship at a consulting firm I got a first impression of how my weekly rhythm of life is going to look like: 5 days work, 2 days off. It was nevertheless a good time, in which I learned a lot and now I know that it's not much different from Korean work life. The time after my internship and before my flight to Korea was free and characterized by my father's 60th birthday party. It was a big but also too expensive one. Another highlight was the reception by the German Students Award for a third prize which I won for an essay about the "myth of the market".

Then came my stay in Korea. The pictures can only give a partial impression but they say more than I could say with words. I have met many people I will never forget... I'm so glad that I ever met them. Korea became a second home to me since then.

On my return I have seen how the house in which I spend 15 years of my youth slowly became less and less inhabitable. In the end I helped my parents carry all that was left to their new flat and moved myself to what is going to become my new home for the next chapter of my life.

And now? I've cut my hair. I'm living in Munich, enjoying my last days before starting with my work. I'm sharing a relatively small flat with two nice people (one of them, Nina, is in the picture above) in the heart of the city. Finally I got internet at home and I'm sure I will be online at the weekends at least... but still it will be difficult to keep in touch with most of my friends and buddys. But they know that there is always a guestbed for them in my room ;-)

Tomorrow I will take off to Berlin in order to attend the Hangaram Party (meet lots of kyopos there), meet some other friends, and celebrate the beginning and the end. I guess the innocent fun time is over soon. It's about time to make a living :-)

No comments: